Sunday 16 March 2014

ME / FM Awareness May 11th / 12th

It's important to maintain awareness and raise funds to help research for these invisible illnesses.

I've seen FB and Tweets saying that FM is still not recognised in certain 'developed' areas of the world. I've seen some of my Fibro friends suffering not only from the illness but also from prejudice and insulting attitudes and I've seen some of my Fibro friends struggling to cope with all the add on problems and symptoms that are associated with FM / ME.

It's not right, and it's not fair!

Excuse me while I rant a minute! Depression can often go hand in hand with ME / FM. However, in the UK there is little, almost no help, from the NHS / Government. I have experienced a friend who is suffering with extreme mental health issues but cannot get help because they aren't; under 18, physically disabled or homeless (yet). The only treatment available is through your GP. All state benefits have to be researched, hunted down and after pages and pages of forms you 'might' qualify. But how is someone who is suffering these debilitating mental health issues supposed to be in a fit state to make phone calls, attend appointments, understand forms, etc etc etc!

It's not right, and it's not fair!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest! Back to ME / FM.

I'm no longer able to help in many ways, so was really glad to find The Big Sleep for M.E. it's on the 12th of May the national awareness for ME and FM day, so I'm able to take part. Though my event Jamming in Jim Jams will be on Sunday the 11th of May.

Along with Rob, Amy and possibly our granddaughter, we're going to be Jamming in our Jim Jams!

We've never made jam before ( you didn't really think we were going to be singing did you lol), so we'll be posting pictures of our progress and of course selling the jam.

You can support us in 3 ways:

1. Go to www.justgiving.com/dawn-derraven and donate; every little helps.
2. Buy some jam, email me at fibromyalgia.dee@hotmail.co.uk.
3. Alternatively just like and share my blog; the more people who are aware, the more help and understanding there will be for sufferers.

Don't forget to keep an eye on my FB page on the 11th for picture progress updates.

Thanks to you all, keep smiling xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback